Friday, September 7, 2007

Do NOT club the baby seals

Two members of our foosing community succeeded this morning in clubbing a couple of relative newbies to foos and thereby transferring the 'Broken Man' trophy (yet again) to J.P. and Salman. Now I, for one, took great offense and umbrage at such a breach of foos ettiquette as to setup a match explicitly for the purpose of offloading the infamous trophy; ergo, I took it upon myself to challenge Vasu and The Rookie (tm 2007) to a 2 on 1 game. If I won, they would have to take the trophies back. If they won, I would have to donate $10 to a charity of their choice (specified by their holding open their pockets.) I can't believe they accepted.


(nice hats ladies)

Twenty minutes later:

Vasu and The Rookie (tm) had their individual trophies adorning their office cubes. That should teach them not to club baby seals on my watch...

5 comments:

  1. Er.. A little clarification here.

    We just played a single game . And according to the community rules it has to be a 3 game match to qualify as a legal match.

    I object your honor!!

    Ergo, the real result can only be declared after game 3 ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I hear a sore loser? Not that I can blame you ... I hate to lose, too. But that's partly why I choose not to play AGAINST Hans.

    I think we're in need of another company tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to make sure I have my facts straight (before laughing hysterically): Are you actually suggesting that a 3-game series would produce a significantly different outcome than, say, game 1? (Pulls $10 out of his pocket and heads toward the betting window...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely right. Nothing funny there.
    A 3 game series will produce a significantly different outcome!

    I am up for a challenge . Hans ?

    ReplyDelete