Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We got mudified...

Mein Rich undt mein self got muddy this past weekend. Rich got very slightly muddy. I got 'dug yourself out of your own grave' muddy. The best part was that I was fairly clean until we were coming back to the main parking area on the main trail and I went down a steep, muddy, slippery hill and at the bottom was a virtual bog o' mud. It was one of those mud bogs that makes you think "Damn, I'd sure hate to fall into that."











I make it down the slippery hill, and I need to explain that I'm tired by this point as the riding we were doing is very technical (tight trails, steep downslopes with large rocks, big slippery power hill climbs - but fun), I hit the bog knowing that I need to power through; unfortunately my front tire was in one underwater rut, and my back tire went into a different underwater rut and my back end threw out left. This had the interesting effect of catapulting me to the right and a bit over my handlebars and BLAM did I hit that mud with a spectacular splash. Rich tells me it was impressive from his vantage point.







Anyhow, here's a few pics that don't really do the mud justice (especially on the bike.) It took me hours to wash that thing off.

2 comments:

  1. Guess your new stuff doesnt look so new anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look less 'poser-fied' than previously. Now I only look totally noobish when actually riding the bike...

    ReplyDelete