Monday, March 17, 2008

I really like Qt but when you find something...

...as amateurish as a filename with a space in it breaking their tools (qmake) it makes you wonder.

Specifically, if you have a file name 'My Filename.cpp" and you run "qmake -project" you get a project file that has failed to wrap the filename in quotes which is required by "qmake -makefile" - ridiculous. You have to edit the *.pro file by hand.

You're probably thinking what I was thinking "there's a switch or option somewhere that he's missing" - nope.

So - If you find your attempt to produce a makefile resulting in weird errors where one filename becomes two, edit your *.pro and wrap those filenames with spaces in quotes yourself ;).

4 comments:

  1. I like QT, too. Great (cheap) coffee station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody's trying to be a cutie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie. QT. It's all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim beat me to the QT comment ... I was going to say "with $0.69 fountain drinks"!! HA!! Good work Scrappy!!

    ReplyDelete