Monday, August 27, 2007

Calvin & Hobbes

A few years back I found and purchased (as a birthday gift for a friend) a beautifully bound 3 volume set of ALL the Calvin & Hobbes comics ever released by Bill Watterson and it was on sale at Costco for ~$80 iirc; however, I was too stupid to get myself a copy at the time and needless to say they vanished from Costco like a fart in the wind. I was disconsolate, and luckily the same friend I gifted the set to suggested an alternative form of appeasement until I should again find Costco graced by the presence of Watterson's magnum opus. The TRANSMOGRIFIER! :) God bless the guy who put this up.


Basically, you can search the topical metadata associated with particular Calvin & Hobbes strips, for example, I love the snowman scenes Calvin would decorate the yard with every year as well as the Spaceman Spiff strips. All I had to do was search on "spiff" or "snowmen" and bliss was at hand.

I hope this page brings you as much joy as it has me. Luckily I received a set of the 3 volumes this past Christmas and I've been enjoying them ever since.

You can get the set at a reasonable price from Amazon (but still not as good as finding it at Costco.)

1 comment: