Friday, August 24, 2007

Today I was the biggest loser...

...but that was a good thing.

Periodically at our offices one of us decides that we've become a tad, shall we say, 'porcine' and decides that it's time for a 'biggest loser' contest. Everyone is then invited to participate. Those who do not voluntarily participate are alternatively cajoled, coerced, intimidated, or triple dog dared' (which is an obvious breach of etiquette to go straight to a triple dog dare.) Participants donate $10 and whoever loses the most weight by percentage after a 12 week period is the "Biggest Loser" and claims the accumulated donations.

Happily for me, the past two contests have coincided with a personal desire to look less like a football (proper football) and more like an athlete. Judging by the results of the past two contests I've only got another 4 or 5 contests to go and I'll be svelte...

Just as it's always better to go to the gym with a friend, losing weight is the same way. Everyone wants to know that others are just as miserable (if not more so) than themselves, so I have to say I couldn't have done it without my fellow competitors. Their unhappiness and commiseration was the key to my success along with the candy bucket in our office which I managed to... mostly... steer clear of (I can hear those damn Gummis calling my name down the hall 'Kommen Sie her und essen Sie mich!')

Note to self: Have pizza for dinner tonight... Gotta bulk up for the next iteration of The Biggest Loser.

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to do a lot of convincing to get us to fall for this again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After this weekend, I'm almost ready for another go round ;)...

    ReplyDelete