Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lemonade Fast - Day #3

Alright, day 3, time to blog a bit (it's 5:15PM and I plan to update around 3PM usually if I can) - what can I say? I must be physiologically strange. I'm not particularly hungry. I'm hungry sort of like you are maybe an hour before lunchtime. Just a slight feeling of 'empty belliedness-ness.'

The salt water flush still works as advertised. Another 7 trips (in two hours this time.)

I did realize that the drink tasted vile yesterday because the second bottle of syrup I used has a terrible smell and taste akin to maple syrup mixed with soy sauce. I switched back to the syrup I used on day 1 and have been much happier with the results.

I have lost about 8 pounds so far. I don't feel particularly tired; perhaps a tiny bit tired. No headaches - which is what I really was worried about.

Although I don't *feel* particularly hungry, I do find myself thinking about food a fair amount, but nothing specific. I made my youngest daughter's lunch today (my wife didn't realize she was being cruel by calling and asking me to... Or maybe she did... Hmmm...) and the smell of her cut up grilled hot dog, fresh french fries, and apple slices was enticing.

Another thing I was expecting to happen, but hasn't, is for the cold to affect me more than usual. I'm normally a very warm person (unlike my friend Jeff who shows up as 'background' when viewed through an IR camera - really) and I put off a lot of waste BTUs, so when I diet I tend to actual get a little cold. This has not, as of yet, begun to happen.

Anywho, back to finish the workday and dream about what I shall eat first 7 days from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment