Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lemonade... That cool refreshing drink...

After the fast last week, I didn't think I'd be hot for lemonade anytime soon; however, for some reason I had the urge for a glass of real lemonade today. I'd never made 'real' lemonade before but since I have some leftover lemons, I went ahead and took a tall glass (probably a little more than 20 fl. oz.) and put the juice from a good sized lemon in there, filled it with cold water and added a heaping teaspoon of suger. Stirred. Drank. Yeow! Sour. Ok, more sugar. Two more heaping teaspoons full. Stir for a few minutes to dissolve that much sugar into cold water. Taste. Delicious!

My daughter Kate wandered over and asked for a taste and since it was still really tart even though it was also sweet - I figured she'd make a face like 'Daddy you should not have given me that' but instead she started chugging. She then suggested that I help her (by picking her up and standing her on the kitchen counter) obtain the drinking cup of her choice and she would allow me to fill it with lemonade for her. She's very thoughtful that way. 5 minutes later, she was back for more lemonade. So, I had a little bit of tasty tasty lemonade today, and Kate had the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment